So, in the past few posts, we have discussed about various foot types, different types of shoes, and the dos and don’ts when purchasing new shoes. We even mentioned some of the TLC (tender, love, and care) methods that you can try for your feet. In this post, let’s set aside everything that has to deal with shoes or rules and just focus on how to make your feet soft and relieved with homemade foot soak !
We all break the rules (occasionally) when it comes to buying the right shoes and taking proper care of our feet; especially women because they usually choose style over comfort. As we have mentioned before, wearing the wrong shoes could cause so many health problems.
That’s the reason why we have compiled a list of five different types of foot soak therapy to treat your fatigue, swollen, and achy feet. These DIY foot soaks contain common ingredients that are cheap, quick, and easy to be found in any store; some of them you can even find right in your kitchen or your fridge.
Soaking your feet at night, after a long day, before you go to bed could help you relieve stress, sleep better, and improve the blood circulation, which will bring benefits to your health and skin.
The homemade foot soak is created with salt
Yes, it’s that simple! Follow these steps:
– One-half cup of Epsom salt
– Choose a suitable size bucket for your feet; fill it with water that is about 40 degree Celsius or under.
– Pour the salt into the bucket and dissolve
– Now just relax and soak your feet for about 20 minutes.
The next ingredient is cucumber!
Ingredients and tools:
– 1 or 2 cucumbers
– Blending machine
– Boil water and let it cool down to about 40 degree Celsius
– Cut the cucumber into small slides
– Put them in a blender and blend well
– Add the cucumbers to the bucket of water and mix them up
– Soak your feet for about 15 minutes.
Cucumber contains salt, calcium, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin E, which can relax and soften your feet.
Since all of our foot soaks only contain one ingredient and water, it’s super convenient to make.
The next one is ginger foot soak
– One ginger
– Cut the ginger into small pieces
– Blend well
– Mix with 40 degrees C water
– Soak your feet for about 20 minutes
The oil contained in ginger helps enhance the melatonin, improve blood flow, sooth foot ache. This foot soak can also help you sleep better; treat breathing or coughing problems.
Pure honey can also make a great foot soak!
– 50 grams of pure honey
– Pour the honey into 40 degree C water
– Stir well and dissolve completely
– Soak for about 20 minutes
Pure honey has a lot of different vitamins, which has the ability to stimulate the blood circulation and stimulate cells growth. This soak can also cure dryness and prevent the feet from cracking and having odor.
The last foot soak in this list is comparatively a bit more complicated and might require you to run an errand to the market.
Pomegranate skin foot soak!
– One pomegranate (you only need the outer skin, so enjoy the fruit!)
– A cloth pouch
– Peel off the pomegranate skin
– Let the skin dry
– Put it in the oven, set for 350 degree F for about 4 minutes
– Let it cool down and cut into small pieces
– Place the pieces into the pouch and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes
– Soak your feet for 20 minutes
Pomegranate skin also contains a lot of natural oil, vitamin A, and vitamin C; therefore soaking in this ingredient can enhance your skin, increase the immune system, and relieve stress.
And that’s our list of 5 types of foot soak. Stay tune for another list of more complicated ingredients, which could further benefit your health!